Saturday, April 30, 2011

ALOHA!!!

I know...I know...

I have been TERRIBLE at posting lately! I never get on the computer anymore. I really don't have a lot of time too since my computer is upstairs in a little secluded area which does not allow me to watch Keshlyn. So unless Keshlyn is taking a nap (which then I'm cleaning, organizing or working on a project) or asleep at night (again, usually working on a project or squeezing in reading time for my book (I'm on the 3rd book of The Hunger Games- HIGHLY recommend this series!) I don't have the luxury to get on the computer. Plus, I've just felt REALLY busy lately.

I don't know what happened but all of a sudden my "to-do list" before the baby comes has become all I eat, sleep, and breathe! I have LOTS of projects I'm working on lately that I will post pictures of soon! I am currently (with the help of a friend) making a nursing cover, carseat cover, throw pillows, curtains, and a crayon roll. I also am redoing 4 rooms right now: guest bathroom, Keshlyn's bedroom, baby room, and guest room. My house is always a work in progress. I LOVE decorating. I have this list (of course) with each room listed and under it is a list of everything I want/need to do to finish decorating that room. I've been marking things off little by little. Can't wait to share pictures soon!

I really do miss blogging. I still write in a journal but I just love posting my thoughts on here for people to read. Rather than just random updates on my blog I would like to just occasionally post my thoughts on a subject or feelings about something just as "The Rant." I need to post more often so I don't feel so overwhelemed about what to say!

Most recently, Shannon and I just returned from Hawaii on a much needed vacay. Here are a few pics:

Beached Whale?

We Snorkeled...well. Shannon did and I attempted for about an hour. I was too freaked. I know...I'm a pansy.

We visited The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Temple:


 We visited the Polynesian Cultural Center and learned to play the Ukulele!


We celebrated Shannon's 28th Birthday in Hawaii... This was a fun moment. Shannon went for a run every morning we were there. So, one morning while he was out of the room I quickly strung up the Happy Birthday Banner and got his cupake ready to yell happy birthday! Ok, so I forgot to grab a cupcake so instead I used a package of poptarts for the cake and a Pirate's hook as the candle. Shannon humored  me and "blew out the candle." He's so good to play along with me and my silly games. (P.S. Shannon's Alma Mater is the Moapa Valley Pirates- hence the Pirate gear!)
 His gifts: a book, a map of Oahu to tell him we were going to Hawaii for his birthday (lol) and pack of these (below- *wink, wink.)... His face tells it all: He just really loves how goofy his wife is. He always says, "What am I going to do with you? I can't take you anywhere..."

 We enjoyed a Luau:


We also enjoyed Pearl Harbor and the beach (you know, the tourist-y things) but it would take FOREVER to upload all of our fun pics. 
We sure  missed little Keshlyn while we were away. I'm SO thankful my friend Catherine was so willing to adopt her into her family while we were gone though! When we returned home, Keshlyn had to try on all of her dresses she got from Hawaii and wanted to watch "Cindawewwa" with Daddy (after she put a flower clip in his hair of course). Look how big she is getting!


Well... there's so much I'm leaving out I'm sure about what's been going on in life but for now, this is all I can think about...

WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I GOING TO DO WITH THIS DARN BELLY?!?!?!
27 weeks here... *Sigh* Pregnancy... That would be an entire post on its own. I'll spare you for now. Lucky you. Shannon is soooo jealous right now that you get to skip out on the "Complain Train" and he doesn't! :)

xoxo.

Good Night!

Note that there are 2 new posts... look below for the other one!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I've missed reading your blog but I understand being too busy to keep up with it. Blogging can be a part time job!

    It looks like you two had a great trip. It's a good idea to get away for a bit before the new baby comes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told Bobby about the wood screws and he said "I don't get it." Really, Bobby? haha! I explained it and he just closed his eyes and tried not to laugh. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a hot little mama! I'm so jealous you got to go to Hawaii...that's my number one place to visit...someday. I'm glad you all are doing well. I love your cute family!

    ReplyDelete