He says sincerely, "I really did."
"Awwww really? What did you miss most? My good looks? My charm? How hysterically funny I am?"
Wait for it. Wait for it....
"The food! I haven't cooked a thing since you've been gone." Shannon spoiled the romantic moment!
Don't have your family missin' the food while you're at home caught up in life! Looking for a quick DELICIOUS recipe!? This is SOOO YUMMY. Easy as Pie!
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves (I use sugar-free)
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium chicken broth or rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 can of mandarin oranges in juice, drained
1.In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Add chicken and toss to coat. Transfer to a shallow microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring once.
2.Add green pepper, cashews and mandarins. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, stirring once. Done!
Pour 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan and cook the chicken a few minutes. Then add the preserves, soy, broth/vinegar, cornstarch, garlic, ginger, and green pepper. Cook until chicken is done. Add cashews mandarin oranges. Heat throughout 1-2- minutes. Done!
Serve on a bed of rice!
What's your quick, go-to recipe for a crazy day?