I crave to save....
I try to "skimp" on certain things in order to save money for bigger, better things I want! One way I save is by couponing... For example:
I was able to take all of these items home for free from CVS: 1 always pantyliner, 2 glade candles, 1 proglide gillette razor, 2 scrubbing bubbles, & 6 dawn dishwashing liquid ($41.89 value). After using coupons, the total came to $6.89 (incl. tax). I then used a $25 Gift Card I got for transferring a prescription there (offered frequently), and CVS paid me $10 in Extra Bucks to take this stuff home! It's like I was paid $3.11 to take all of this home! That $10 Extra Bucks can then be used to buy other stuff you need! I went back to CVS a couple of days later to get 2 rolls of paper towels, 1 John Frieda leave-in hair conditioner, 1 John Frieda conditioner, 1 Pantene hairspray, and 1 Pantene mousse all for $1 (which was only tax). I was able to use my gift card for that one too (completely free!) plus I earned $5 in Extra Bucks. So fun to take things home for free!
Are you curious how this is done? Sites to check out would be:
callingallsupersavers.com (general- free samples, groceries...)
coupongal.net (General- online, restaurants, groceries...)
because I have the urge to splurge on other things... Here I go with my lists again (that really do exist) on things I want to save for:
1. a trip to France
2. a trip to somewhere tropical besides Hawaii
3. an Alaskan Cruise and/or Disney Cruise
4. a trip to Ireland (have ancestry there....would love to check it out. Pictures are beautiful!)
5. build a brick home someday...that looks like this on the outside...and I have files of torn out pages from decor magazines of what I want the inside to look like!
6. a trip to Disney World (never been and I LOVE DISNEY!!!!)
7. fourwheelers! (Shannon's paradise would be us riding away into the Logandale, NV sunset on the back of a four wheeler as script writing appears one letter at a time across the screen saying, "And they lived happily ever after..."lol)
How do you save?
What do you urge to splurge on? Have you planned a fantasy vacation?