Monday, May 30, 2011

Coffee Table Makeover

"I feel that my home is like a piece of clothing, an accessory, an extension of myself. I want people to walk into my home and know who I am, where I have been, what I feel and what moves me."
- Mariska Hargitay

I love this quote because this is how I feel. I want to design rooms that are comfy, functional yet tells a little bit about me! And of course decorating for little moolah is always my goal!

Seriously, if you are interested in getting a little crafty and decorating for less, check out http://www.allthingsthrifty.com/ It is very inspiring and addicting to read!


Luckily this is a project that was quick and turned out pretty good. Look at this plain ol' coffee table we had. Boring right? I wanted something new but didn't want to pay for new furniture. So, I decided to sand all of the edges and decorate the top. Originally I thought to Modpodge but then I went back to the drawing board because I didn't want to make more work for me than necessary. So, I thought why not something I can change out when I wish?

I came up with the idea of fabric! Easy! I LOVE this fabric and it totally goes  with my theme for my living room and kitchen. Golds, reds, and dark browns...


I ordered a glass to be cut to size and put over the material to make a more finished look. I LOVED how it turned out. Don't you? I'm working on redoing the throw pillows for the couch and adding baskets underneath the coffee table this week. I should have pictures very soon! After the baby, I want to sand and paint the end tables solid colors- like a goldish color that  matches my kitchen (which is connected to this room). *Sigh. My mind is always churning with project ideas!


 Pssst....I have another new post below this one with more recent decorating I've done. But brace yourself, it's a LONG one!

No comments:

Post a Comment