Sunday, March 18, 2012

Juice Fast: Day 1

I want a gun. No, not a gun to shoot myself because the juice fast is THAT BAD, but a gun to protect myself and bust a cap, foo. You know, in case the big bad wolf knocks my door down. I would like to be prepared in whatever situation might occur. I've thought this scenario through. What would I do if someone broke in? First, I would run to the sink in my bathroom open the cabinet and grab my Pantene Hairspray! That's right. Bet hairspray to the eyes can't feel good right?! haha. And I got a Louisville Slugger next to my bed. You know, just in case I have some seriously bad dreams! Carrie Underwood ain't the only southern girl who knows how to use that bat! ;)


Green Smoothie Recipe of the Day:

 1 cup water
1/2 cup pineapple
1 cup green grapes
1/2 bartlett pear
1/2 avocado
1 large handful of broccoli florets
2 VERY LARGE handfuls of spinach
1 cup ice

(I often throw in extra greens like kale or cabbage so it's not so heavy on fruit)

The juice fast is going great! Love me some smoothies. Drink 5 smoothies today. Done. And Shannon even discovered that we can stomach a whole heck of lot of veggies in a glass if lemon juice is added. Good to know for the rest of our week. Day 1 down. 6 more to go.

Side note: You must make homemade almond butter. Period. No oils added and no sugar. Use 2 cups of raw almonds and 1 cup of another nut (I used walnut). Roast them in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes. Then you throw it in your vitamix or food processor with a few dashes of salt and lots of Cinnamon! Process until it becomes a nut butter. At first it looks like flour but keep going. Process a few minutes at a time and scrape down the sides. It is AMAZING! The roasted flavor makes it the most delicious nut butter I've ever tasted. Honest. You could add a squirt or two of honey into the blend or cocoa powder or.....

{I'm sorry. Keshia has drifted away dreaming about eating almond butter in a week}

No comments:

Post a Comment