Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Aunt Flow

Good news. I'm not pregnant. I don't think I've ever been so nervous in my life. Heart racing, body trembling, feel like I'm going to throw up kind of nervous. And you know what I realized today? You know what's worse than a young married couple getting the "scare" that they may have "oopsed?" Well that's easy...a married couple with a 2 year old and a 9 month old that has a "scare" that they may have "oopsed!" I think the lady at the cash register wanted to throw up in her mouth as I plopped down 2 pregnancy tests with my cute 9 month old propped up on my hip. I'm not gonna lie- she looked uncomfortable. I mean why wouldn't she be? I look 16, Ky looks like, well, a baby, and I appear to be one serious baby maker. As she says awkwardly, "have a nice day," I want to reply, "that all depends on my urine and if there are two lines or just one." But, I leave my comments to myself. I rushed home and took the test. I think I stared at it for a good 5 minutes just making sure that 2nd line didn't appear in a quick second. Isn't is crazy how our minds can play tricks on us? It all started earlier this week. I had some sciatica pain all day which was random because I only get it when I'm pregnant. I didn't think much of it at the time, but then today I realized I was 3 days late. I flipped out. Then I overthink everything and all of these other "symptoms" seemed to point to pregnancy! Isn't it great that in this day and age I can set my mind at ease with a little stick apparatus?! :) And don't you know it... "Aunt Flow" visited this evening. Boy was I so glad to see her. I guess all of this was payback for me having a preggers friend pee on a stick for me to present it a few weeks ago to Shannon. Payback's a bit...unkind.

Apart of me is a little bummed that it was negative...  I really wanted to use this idea. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment