Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Rant- And Action!

The Bucket List. Seriously. There for a while I thought I was going to need to add, "find The Bucket List movie" to my Bucket List! Jeez! For a while now  I've been wanting to watch "The Bucket List" with Shannon for a date and then together and individually write our own bucket lists. It's like looking for a stinkin' "Golden Ticket" just to be able to rent movies anymore!

I asked lots of people if they owned it. Nope. Tried the Library. None available. Had to put it on hold and it was going to be a while before it was my turn..I wanted to watch it right then! What the heck? Finding a blockbuster is quite the search. The first Blockbuster we went to didn't have it in. The second Blockbuster we found was out of business.In order to rent from netflix you now have to pay seperate for the DVD mailing service and it takes 2 days to get there. Again, none of this allows me to watch right away. I suppose I could pay to stream it onto my computer except oh yeah, my computer is SOOOOO old that it skips on every short clip or music that is ever played on it and it will just freeze. So, computer is out as a resource. But even if it did work well, my laptop screen is small. I want to watch it on my tv. And sure, if I wanted to go buy extra cords to connect my computer to my tv so that I could both see and hear it through the tv it would be flippin' fantastic! I guess I could have bought the movie, but I don't like watching movies morethan once. WHY IS IT SO HARD TO JUST RENT A MOVIE FOR ONE NIGHT!!!??? Since I'm not being obvious, the fact that renting movies from a store is becoming obsolete is a huge pet peeve of mine. I'm sure you couldn't sense that until I spelled it out for you. I'm very subtle with my emotions. (LOL)

Well, the good news is we did find the movie at a blockbuster. Finally. And it was only $0.99/day. Cheaper than redbox...

So after dinner and the movie, Shannon and I had fun talking about our goals, things we want to do better, places we want to see, etc... and we came up with some lists. Here are just some of the things we want to do together:

  • Go on a Disney cruise
  • visit every continent at least once
  • Go on an African Safari
  • Serve a mission as a couple
  • Read Jesus The Christ by James E. Talmage (In progress of doing together)
  • Take an American history class together
  • Check ourselves into a Spa for a week
  • Parasail
Here are some of my personal bucket list items:

  • Bome patient (this one will take a while...)
  • Dance Team Coach
  • Read Entire Bible cover to cover (In progress)
  • Take a Line Dancing Class
  • Take a Sewing class
  • write a book
  • stop biting nails
And then I did several Bucket List Challenges. Here are just some of them:

  • 4 weeks no sugar of any kind!
  • Write in journal every day for 1 week
  • Do something thoughtful everyday for Shannon for 1 week
  • Every wekk fora month write anote to compliment someone (I've done this one before Anonomously and it was fun)
  • Take 1 picture a day for a month
  • Put effort into doing my hair every day for 1 week (Seriously...)
  • Have nails painted every day for 2 weeks (when my nails are painted I don't chew my nails. I haven't chewed my nails for a good month or so and then yesterday most of the paint had chipped away and I bit them all off! ARRRRGH!)
  • No complaining for 3 days straight (yikes, this will be tough)
  • Every week for 1 month- read the newspaper. ( I SO need to be better with knowing what's going on in the world around me.)
  • Do something thoughtful for a friend every week for 1 month.
I can't wait to get going on these things! What's on your bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment