Friday, October 19, 2012

Smarty-pants!

Grammy brought home some addition and subtraction flashcards today for Princess. We have been working on addition but only on worksheets with counting pictures or with other objects. We have not, however, looked at addition in a mathematical layout like these cards. Because they were adorned with Disney princesses, Keshlyn insisted over and over that we do "Learning time." I quickly explained to her that she was not ready for those cards yet. I said, "You wouldn't even understand what the card was asking if I showed you."

Keshlyn: "yes I will!"

Just to prove a point to my three-year-old I decided to hold up a flashcard. I said, "fine. what is 6 plus one?"

Keshlyn looking me straight in the eye, "7"

Astonished, I held up another flashcard.

Me: "What's 1 +3?"
Keshlyn without hesitation: "4"

I thought I was going to pee my pants I just couldn't believe it!

Then I held up a third card 0+0. She tapped her finger on her chin with a look of focus and processing and finally said, "8?"

Then I knew we were back to normal. Those darn zeroes are tough. ;)

Another tidbit from tonight...

Tonight during family scripture study, we talked about how Christ will come again.

Me: "Aren't you excited to see Jesus again?"
Keshlyn: "yeah! But when I was a baby in your tummy, I saw Jesus."
Keshlyn continues as she throws her hand up casually in a slight wave. "I said, 'Hey Jesus'."

The way she said it was as if she was saying, "what up?"

I just LOVE her comments!

1 comment: